Tuesday, November 16, 2010

response journal question #40 Catcher In the Rye

Holden's way of writing is a little jumpy i find that he has this habbit where he will start talking about thing and then he'll mention someone's name and then he explains everything he knows about that one person I feel like he can't bring himself to commit to the story he's telling as if he's just trying to stretch it out and waste time. Don't get me wrong I like the story but I could do without knowing every little detail about these people that really dont have much to do with the story at all at this point. I'm hoping near the end of the book he explains why he cant stick to the main story in the meantime ill just keep reading.

-Chris

1 comment:

  1. The narration is supposed to be a stream of consciousness (as if he is just talking to someone, saying the first thing that pops into his head). Good blog.

    ReplyDelete